Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: Custom Model 19 Xovers?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Digital Disaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I pulled one of the Xovers out and compared it to a schematic I found on the web. The coils are original and all the caps are Aeon. I noticed that in one place two caps were used to equal the factory total of the original. Another cap should be 8 but is an 8.2. All the wiring is approx. 18 gauge stranded versus the factory solid wire.
    Would these minor discrepancies cause a major difference in the sound produced? (I guess I already know the answer to this question)

  2. #12
    Inactive Member dgwojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    172
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Don,
    My LCR meter will do what you're describing if I don't hold the TEST button down, check if your meter has one, Dave,

  3. #13
    Inactive Member doclamb's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15th, 2005
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Iconic sells two set of crossovers I believe. The first is the one I purchased for $500 and some change. The second is the super crossover which I believe sells for the $700(+) number you quoted. Everything is relative but if the parts for the crossover are $200 of the asking price, then $300 in Jim's labor to assemble, package and transport both crossovers really seem quite fair. BTW his work was impeccable. The following is the e-mail that I sent Jim and Steve one month after receiving the new crossovers. I have no affiliation with Iconic, but wanted to let people know that they do good work.

    Steve and Jim I wanted to drop you a line and thank you for the work Iconic did on my Model 19 crossovers. As a recap you built the new crossovers for me about one month ago and I?ve installed them in a pair of Model 19?s that I?ve refurbished. Long story short, as you said the new crossovers have really opened up the sound of the 19?s. The 19?s now have some of the clear sounding qualities of a ?modern? speaker while retaining all the wonderful dynamics and open spatial qualities that I?ve always enjoyed with them. Well worth them money spent IMHO. Thanks again to Iconic for your advice, service, and products.

    Good luck with your search.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.